The Boys and Girls Club of Crowsnest Pass
is hiring a
Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
The Boys and Girls Club of Crowsnest Pass is seeking a Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) who is responsible for leading and managing the strategic direction, operations and finances of the Club in support of it’s missions and outcomes. This is a leadership role that includes training and development
of all staff, developing and executing the Club’s operational plan including budgets and financial analysis and working closely with our volunteer board of directors.
-Minimum of 5 years working experience and/or related post-secondary education
-Ability to mentor, objectively review and lead staff in a professional and encouraging manner
-Experience in financial analysis, planning and basic budgeting
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills
-Strong organizational skills
-Excellent Computer Proficiency in Windows environment and Google Products
Hours and Location:
- Salaried Management Position
- Monday to Friday: Full Time Variable/Flex
- One Monthly Board Meeting
- Primarily working out of Crowsnest Pass Community Library Office, Blairmore
Email Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will commence July 10th, 2017
Position start date July 17th
The CAO position responsibilities are:
- Position Function:
- Reporting to the Board, the CAO has the responsibility for leading and managing the strategic direction, operations and finances of the Club in support of it’s missions and outcomes.
- Establish and maintain positive internal relationships with Board, Staff and Clients
- Establish and maintain positive external relationships with funding agencies, community organizations and corporate partners.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of the organization
- Working Relationships:
- Due to the leadership nature of this position, the Chief Administrative Officer will have an in-depth knowledge of the roles and responsibilities associated with each position within the Operations Team.
- The Chief Administrative Officer provides mentorship and guidance to ensure all members of the team are performing at a high level and that they are given the tools and support to do their jobs to the best of their ability.
- Work Performed:
- Planning, Implementation and Evaluation of Programs
- Works with the Board and Staff to identify critical issues for the organization and develop strategic direction
- Identifies program needs and communicates those needs through appropriate channels
- Plans for program implementation from a client-needs perspective
- Ensures programs and activities are adequately funded
- Implements and ensures the effective continuation of programs
- Evaluates programs and activities to ensure they are meeting the needs of clients and the community
- Works close with all employees to offer feedback regarding job performance
- Internal Relationships
- Responsible for all aspects of HR.
- Establishes and ensures ongoing positive relationships between the Board of directors, staff, clients and families
- Maintains direct working relationship with 40 Developmental Assets Steering Committee, including sitting on that committee and attending meetings.
- External Relationships
- Meets with funding agencies to present updates on the club and build positive relationships
- Develops and implements fundraising campaigns as needed in conjunction with community stakeholders, the BGCCNP board and Fundraising Committee members.
- Financial Management
- Works with the Board to develop the financial strategies and executes the plan which includes budgeting and financial analysis
- Ensures all financial reporting and records are processed and maintained in a timely manner
- Ensure annual budget is funded and organization has adequate cash flow.
- Assure the accuracy and integrity of BGCCNP’s financial information, reporting and disclosure requirements, internal control and management information systems.
- Administration and Management
- Works with team to ensure the delivery of the ‘Quality Improvement Action Plan’ in accordance with the Boys and Girls Club of Canada Peer Review Guidelines
- Authorizes the purchase of necessary supplies and equipment
- Manages Administrator, Program Leaders, Students and Volunteers in all the aspects of program delivery. This includes maintaining adequate staffing levels (scheduling), providing training opportunities, and providing resources and tools necessary to run all club programs
- Understands and implements all compliance requirements of various applicable government agencies and the Boys and Girls Club of Canada
- Organizes, prepares and submits applications, proposals and reports for all government and non-government grants as well as other funding agencies and membership organizations
- Explores and applies for new funding consistent with the needs and goals of the club
- Oversight of the Facebook Page and club web site. Ensure publication and distribution to all stakeholders
- Oversees all transportation needs
- Develops policies and procedures for effective management of personnel
- Regularly assess services and operations to ensure a sustainable model for the future
- Carries out additional assignments from the Board of Directors